Duckband
(member)
03/05/11 02:54 AM
Rest in peace my friend!

Our buddy "Tigerstripe" passed away early this afternoon...

Please keep Carol and his sons in your thoughts and prayers!

Roger did not want a funeral more of an Irish Wake...There will be a remembrance at his house when the weather warms...

Boys...If you have ever raised a cold one! tonight is the night...In honor of a man who truly loved the outdoors!

Roger here is to you

duko™
(member)
03/05/11 02:59 AM
Re: Rest in peace my friend!

Damn thats sad to hear. Prayers to his family.

RIP Roger

duko

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
03/05/11 03:12 AM

Here's to Roger!

swampy
(stirrer of chit)
03/05/11 03:26 AM

He lived a good life and was a companero to many. he claimed a lot of ducks and angered me at times but also caused a lot more good memories. here is to the good times Roger

last_stand
(the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar)
03/05/11 03:38 AM

Mel
(member)
03/05/11 04:11 AM

Roger was my friend and occasional hunting companion. He was a gruff, onery old fart, but he was a good companion in the blind or just hoisting a few at various locations. He always said what was on his mind without sugar coating it. I will miss him. He had a very tough go at the last. Please keep Carol and the family in your prayers.

pitisastupidmofo
(member)
03/05/11 05:54 AM

SwampFox
(member)
03/05/11 07:31 AM

RIP

cook
(member)
03/05/11 09:42 AM

Add my name to the list of those that will miss him.

BarryG
(member)
03/05/11 10:15 AM

Burrhead
(member)
03/05/11 10:22 AM

To Roger

MB2
(member)
03/05/11 10:41 AM

R.I.P. Sweetie.

My condolences to his family and friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEqYE0q6LAI&feature=related

fastman
(member)
03/05/11 12:02 PM

hardhuntr
(bill biter)
03/05/11 12:20 PM

RIP Roger.

fish
(senior member - literally)
03/05/11 12:31 PM

flocked
()
03/05/11 01:11 PM

hucklburry
(member)
03/05/11 01:21 PM

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
03/05/11 02:05 PM

Roger was a fella I sure would have liked to spend more time with. I know he liked to laugh. It's sad to think he's gone. RIP Roger.

griffin

DADAKOTA
(member)
03/05/11 02:09 PM

RIP Roger. Hoisted a couple in your honor last night after Tom called.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
03/05/11 02:32 PM

Fish and game departments across the country will probably breathe a sigh of relief at the news. The man sure liked to keep them all on their toes! I'm hoping he is where everyday is a flight day and that there isn't any limits.
He was an original for sure.
TV

Duckband
(member)
03/05/11 02:46 PM

Thanks to Cliff for the pictures!

All that's missing from this picture is a can of Miller!

fullstrut
(member)
03/05/11 03:13 PM

I am sorry to hear the news. Prayers for the family and RIP.

golden boy
(member)
03/05/11 03:13 PM

Oh man, I will miss you my friend. I enjoyed our first visit at my internet gathering at the house to the visit prior to heading over to this yrs fish and fowl. I enjoyed all the hunts inbetween.

Rest in Peace my friend.

lying_in_wait
(member)
03/05/11 03:14 PM

Shoot 'em in the lips bro! I will miss you.

H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
03/05/11 03:28 PM

Rest in Peace Roger. Raised a shot glass full of good bourbon for ya this am. Called him several times for some hunting info. Hope every day is a flight day for ya Roger. I will drink some Coors and have a make up day for ya this fall.......and it WILL be a good day.

DjF
(little buddie)
03/05/11 03:40 PM

Damn, sad news for sure...

Prayers for Carol and family from Cass County...

Bubba
(strangesly aroused)
03/05/11 04:13 PM

Damn it!
RIP ,my friend!

Old Gooser
(member)
03/05/11 06:57 PM

DuckMeRunnin
(member)
03/05/11 07:25 PM

Damn.

The pic with the # 1 pill is classic Roger. Perfect.

Rest in peace, my friend.

yeehaw
(member)
03/05/11 08:36 PM

Damn.....that's about all I can think of to say. Can't believe the ornery ol' bastage is gone.

Rest in peace old man.

SUPERX2
(member)
03/05/11 09:19 PM

What can you say that hasn't already been said. The Lord always takes the good ones way too soon. I sure wish I could have hunted with Roger more than just one time. I will remember it forever. R.I.P. my friend.

DMac
(member)
03/05/11 09:20 PM

I'm gonna miss that crusty ol' fart, but I'm glad, for his sake, that he's not hurting anymore. To borrow Bob Hope's line, "Thanks for the memories."

The last time I hunted with him, he had forgotten his gun. I can still hear him telling me not to be posting about it.

dabsAdministrator
()
03/05/11 09:24 PM

He sure had a rough few years fighting the end.

Roger probably did not want a funeral because he knew in his mind he would show up two hours late for it

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
03/05/11 10:45 PM

My heart is heavy with the passing of Roger "Tigerstripe" Clark. We last talked in mid-January and it was kind of a goodbye sort of conversation. I guess last year he went back up in the Rockies for a last fishing trip with his boys, so he told me.

Roger was a fella who truly immersed himself in the natural world. A pragmatic sort of hunter, who knew more about huntin' critters than most of us put together.

We fortunately haven't lost too many Cafer's over the years, tho' I'll sorely miss this fella. RIP, my good friend. May the pill you draw up there be #1 every morning...

Scout 1
(New order Amish - not be confused with Meninite!)
03/05/11 11:36 PM

Rest in peace Roger. You will be missed!

I hope you're in a wonderful place where you can hunt ducks and geese in the morning, elk, deer and turkeys in the afternoon, and enjoy all the Glenfiddich you want in the evening.

And do it all over again tomorrow.

Muggs
(member)
03/06/11 01:52 AM

I remember meeting Roger at the BR and at Scouts. Roger and I had a great time talking ducks. I hope he got to hunt some of the spots we talked of on the Kaw prior to his passing. God speed Roger and condolences to his family from mine.

Matt
()
03/06/11 01:54 AM

Thanks to all who have posted the kind words. My brother Larry and I (Matt) sincerely appreciate your friendships with out father and your memories. Additionally, we appreciate the pics that everyone has posted, were seeing some new ones and downloading them.

Pop's wanted an Irish wake and we are in the process of planning one. We will keep everyone posted with the date and time. Rest assured it will be a good time just as he would have wanted.

Thanks to all!
Carol
Larry
Matt

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
03/06/11 02:01 AM

Matt - I hope to meet you at your father's wake. I've met alot of people in my line of work....and I can tell you without hesitation....he was an original model, not a copy of anyone I've ever met.

You should feel blessed....take care of your mom.

Scott

foots
(the exterminator)
03/06/11 02:08 AM

RIP my brutha.

Muggs
(member)
03/06/11 02:35 AM

You remember when Roger was hunting some CA and an Air Force plane flew across the deck right over him. Dude took down the tail number, contacted Whitman (I think), and called in a verbal reprimand to the pilot and his staff for harassing wildlife and screwing up his hunt. That was an awesome story.

redleg
(Enzyte - one a day!)
03/06/11 04:19 AM

Roger,,,I'm glad you made it home,,,enjoy my friend.

DuckMeRunnin
(member)
03/06/11 04:27 AM

The last trip Roger and I took was to fish early spring in "HomeofToto". We never hooked a fish.

Then, we got checked by a possum cop at the ramp. He talked his way out of two possible violations on his boat / trailer. He was right proud of that.

We were headed back to his house, where he threatened to make the best chile relenos I ever ate.

When we got there, Carol was getting ready to fill a cast iron skillet with pan fried chicken. Roger tried to apologize for the change of menu.

I know this much. I sat down to a world class meal, and enjoyed it with two exceptional people.

God bless the Clark family, and please keep us abreast of the details of the celebration of Roger's life.

Greg

67Firebird
(Former political advocate)
03/06/11 05:38 AM

Sorry to hear this.

moduckdoc
(member)
03/06/11 05:15 PM

Thoughts and prayers to the family. I may be a little late but I will have one tonight in memory. I hope he keeps Belle busy fetching till I get there.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
03/06/11 06:17 PM

Muggs, that low altitude fly-over incident actually happened along the MO River north of St. Joe. It was a C-130 plane out of Elwood, KS. Roger kept pursuing the incident until he spoke with the Air National Guard pilot, which he soundly chewed his arse for messing up his hunting. That was classic Roger.

swampy
(stirrer of chit)
03/06/11 07:10 PM

I believe he called the Colonel to complain and it ended up being the Colonel that was flying the plane for some Ks. Congressman.

swampy
(stirrer of chit)
03/06/11 07:42 PM

once three others joined Roger on a late shoot at Bob Brown. It was a warm up period the last couple weeks of season and Brown had only been hunting a couple positions daily. Well there was almost a full crowd and Roger decided to hunt Snipe since nobody had been in there for 3-4 days and it was full of corn that year. These four fellas went in and murdered the ducks. When turning in their cards they all put down one mallard killed. The next morning some of the crew joined up with Roger again to hunt at Brown. People kept looking that the board and mumbling that it must have been tough in Snipe since all the other pools shot 4 per hunter the day before. MDC gave their speech and a small grumpy comment about filling your cards out correctly and they thought there was some "funny business going on". Roger goes back up to pull a pill and was the 5th person to pick a pool to hunt. He looks at Marty and says" Well I guess we'll try snipe again today it might be better with this wind" When they left that pool the next day MDC was waiting at the ramp to collect their cards in person. Roger laughed about that one for a LONG time.

Mel
(member)
03/06/11 08:14 PM

I remember the MDC guy meeting Roger, Hawk, myself, and another guy that was a friend of Hawk's at the boat ramp on another day. Two other parties were there as well, and that guy checked everybody for green cards and numbers of ducks. I think about the time he showed up we were taking some pics and Hawk had a mallard between his teeth. Fun day; full limits of ducks and lots of wisecracks. I believe it was also a day that Hawk nearly walked off into the boat canal and would have floated his hat except he was holding onto the side of the boat.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
03/06/11 09:14 PM

At the last Dovestock, Roger brought a full bottle of the Glenlevet and sets it out in plain sight on one of the picnic tables. He sidles up to me and confides the bottle is full of water. Not sure if anyone fell for his little prank, but at least he thought it was purty funny.

Roger took DMac and me hunting some years ago at Bob Brown. He'd been recently whacking mallets with regularity at a pool with a name I don't recall. Flooded corn with open strips. We got set up and realized the damned ducks had finished off the corn a day or two before, so we didn't have squat come into range. At the end I did manage to whack a drake and Sandy made an awesome fetch 50+ yards in the cornfield.

But Roger didn't want us tellin' anybody we didn't do well. He was just that way.

Linhardt
(member)
03/07/11 11:49 AM

Fishguy
(member)
03/07/11 02:06 PM

One time old Roger had a little jon boat out in the weeds that I wanted to buy. I didn't know him real well back then. On the way up to his place I picked up 2 12 packs of Coors Heavy. We started working on the first one & I asked him what he needed for the rig. He says "If you got another one of these in there I reckon we're square". An original.

Fishguy

Vogi
(member)
03/07/11 07:53 PM

RIP Roger.

LeeinMo
(LSU Bandwagon Jumper)
03/07/11 11:52 PM

JRB
()
03/08/11 02:55 PM

I live right here in town and didn't hear about it until yesterday. Roger and I met in the Elwood bottoms one day dove hunting, heck of a guy. For years later he would always give me some straight advice as to were to take my boys for youth duck season. I last talked with him right before christmas. He will be missed. My prayers go out to his wife and family.

HAUS
(member for now)
03/08/11 03:15 PM

i reckon i was the only other broncos fan on here with Roger. loved reading his stories about his time out west.

i'll have to go get a 12 pk of Banquet to throw back in his honor

Longfaller
()
03/08/11 04:06 PM

Well I never met the man and regret it. Its great to hear the stories. Prayers for you Roger and your family

Looking back at his posts I always thought his Avatar was made up, but after hearing the stories and seen the pictures it was him.....I'd like to see it again if someone could put it up?

golden boy
(member)
03/08/11 04:34 PM

I'll try but you know my pic posting skills are lacking

golden boy
(member)
03/08/11 04:35 PM

That boy loved to hunt in some corn!!!

jordan
(member)
03/08/11 08:01 PM

I will miss Roger for sure. Sad as hell to hear the news.

Rest in peace. Here's to you.

Duckband
(member)
03/09/11 12:35 AM

Roger met me several years ago out at Cheyenne Bottoms for a 3 day hunt..This was before the big flood a couple years back so the Cattails were still in full force...

We met at the east ramp on pool 3B about 8 in the morning...and set out...Roger had his little Jon boat with his 5 hp outboard! We went out the boat canal and came to the first opening in the cattails and went to the right...We went as far as the outboard would go...About 1/4 mile...Water got real shallow and either a push pole or walking was the only way in! We needed to get another 1/8 of a mile to a good spot I hunted the day before!

I swapped boats with him....My small layout boat maneuvered fairly easily through the shallow water with a Kayak paddle and I walked his boat in! We got to our spot and had a nice hunt...Gaddies and Teal....It was about 3:00 when we finished! We picked up the decoys and headed back to the ramp...Once again Roger was in my boat and I was in his..I started walking and Roger finished up a beer...I had quite a lead on him but kept him insight...I made it back to the cut in the cattails that headed back the boat canal...I started walking down the cut and could see Roger about 200 yards behind me.....I got back to a little deeper water and fired up his outboard and and got back to the boat canal...I stopped and waited for him to catch up and was going to trade back boats! I waited...and waited and waited but no Roger....20 minutes passed so I headed back into the swamp to find him...Now to this day I am not sure what happened...I think he took a left instead of a right and headed in the exact opposite direction of the ramp...Cheyenne Bottoms is huge for those of you who have not been there....

I searched....I screamed....I shot my gun thinking he would shoot back? NO ROGER! By this time it is getting close to dark? I am thinking wholly shiat I have lost Roger! I head back to the boat canal...and then the ramp.. Still no Roger....I grab my flashlight and head back out...about this time I hear it....A mud-motor headed my way...But we were the only ones in the parking lot....about 1/2 way down the boat I was met by an 18 foot Jon with Roger in the front! they were dragging my layout!

Speechless...He said something about getting turned around and then blamed me for not giving him the GPS...We laughed and thanked the local dudes for rescuing our Johnson County asses....

We hunted the next two days...I never let him out of my sight!

Roger...You are not lost now...You are home! Shoot some for me!

Scout 1
(New order Amish - not be confused with Meninite!)
03/09/11 12:58 AM

Any of you guys got a good full size image of Roger with the corn ear hat?

Or him with elk, deer or turkey?

cook
(member)
03/09/11 10:11 AM

Roger C. Clark1944-2011
Share XE-mail to a friendShare|
CommentsPrint FriendlyWATHENA, Kan. — Roger Charles Clark, Wathena, formerly of Denver, Colo., passed peacefully at his home on March 4, 2011 following a long illness.

Born August 23, 1944 he is survived by his sons, Larry and Matthew, Denver; brothers: Bill, Sacramento; Tom, Cincinnati; and Bob, Denver; sisters, Maggie and Blanche, Denver; his mother, Billie G Clark, Denver; and his wife, Carol of the home.

Roger was an accountant in the oil industry for many years, served on the Colorado Wildlife Commission, the Colorado Bowhunters Association, and the Missouri Waterfowl Association. He loved all things outdoors.

A celebration of life service will be held at his home at a later time.

Condolences may be shared with the family at www.CremationCenterKC.com.

Arrangements: Cremation Center of KC, 4926 Johnson Dr., Shawnee Mission, KS (913) 384-5566

LABMANLAPTOP
()
03/09/11 03:11 PM

Hey Rog :

"Twas the night before opener, and all through the land
hunters were scrambling, in trucks cars and vans

The carts were all loaded, and packed with great care
For the dream and the vision of ducks in the air
The Hunters were standing nears fires and stoves
Camped hither and yon, parking lots and groves

And me I am at home awaiting my fate
no rush for me, I will be at the gate
They stand in big lines and hold onto their numbers
I sleep in my bed in a blissful slumber

They have drove for miles and some for hours
I will wake at my home and have a hot shower
They will wolf down food in fairly short order
and wait for their call to get out on the border

I drive out to Gray lodge, my number is little
They get through the line near the end or the middle
They hustle and sweat to get the dekes out
I am already set up in the pond I did scout

we put off vacations, we work for the man
to get out in the field, to hunt when we can
we sit in the cold, we sit in the rain
we pack in our decoys no matter the strain

we hunt and we boast, we call and we wait
we are all hunters, isn't it great."

Carol :
"Throughout the world there is enacted daily the sorrowful scene of loved ones mourning as they bid farewell to a son, a husband,a father, or a cherished friend. Let us remember that after the funeral flowers fade, the well wishes of friends become memories, and the prayers offered and words spoken dim in the corridors of the mind. Those who grieve frequently find themselves alone. Missed is the laughter of children, and the tender, loving concern of a departed companion. The clock ticks more loudly, time passes more slowly, and four walls can indeed a prison make."
I pray that in whatever it is that you may be needing this day, that your life be full of peace, you feel the love of family, prosperity and power as you seek to have fond remembrances of Roger as many of us have.
"When a tiger dies, he leaves his skin. When a man dies, he leaves his name!" Roger's name will be remembered well by many of us. Roger walked into many of our lives...we did not let him walk away, we enjoyed his presence and it's hard to let him go.
I am proud to have know Tiger.......Guy's thanks for the memories.

swampy
(stirrer of chit)
03/09/11 07:10 PM

I called Roger one day while waiting for a wedding party to show up to a place I had taken all the catered food. We got to talking and he let me know it was his birthday. We laughed and joked about it and for once got him to tell me his age. When Roger turned 65 I called and left him a message and sent an email of congrats on his 65th. He called me back later to thank me for not telling anyone his age and being discreet about celebrating his birthday. Definitely a one of kind

Tigerstripe
(Last Mongol Duck Hunter)
03/18/11 10:36 PM

I've tried to think of words to express my appreciation of all the memories, stories, pictures you all have shared on this forum. It has warmed my heart to sense your love and appreciation for Roger. I love having access to all those pictures in one place---some I'd not seen before. Roger beat on em as long as he could and as hard as he could as he would put it. God Bless him I know he hated leaving us but he so needed to move on.

Matt, Larry and I have zeroed in on Saturday May 14 to honor and celebrate him. We hope to share a drink or two, some food, and mostly stories and memories with many of you...Saturday afternoon, 3ish, at our house....I'll put out another invite with directions for those who haven't been out here but want to come that day.

Thanks so much, again, for all your prayers, wishes, support,

Carol

Duckaddict3
()
03/20/11 12:05 AM

Carol, my thoughts and prayers are with you and the boys. Haven't met Matt, but have known Larry now for several years since meeting Roger a the Bachelor Ranch. One hell of a fella and meeting you was of course a pleasure....you two helped me out with Winston and I am forever greatful. I know he is in a wonderful place filled with all the wildlife the man could possibly dream of. I will never forget the stories, and really wish we would have gotten the opportunity to float the Niangua like we had discussed many times. Rest in peace good friend! And Carol, if I can be of any help to you or the boys, Larry has my number. I will do anything I can....

Chris

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
03/20/11 06:23 AM

Ms. Bud, that is a very moving video. Thank you. I will never forget my friend Roger.

MB2
(member)
03/20/11 04:52 PM

Well, Roger was a friend to this board, not that I knew him. I've said it before, the most frustrating part of being distant, is being unable to do ANYTHING when someone's hurt in real life.

Sarah just happened to be playing near where I was staying this trip, and the song has always reminded me that life goes FORWARD.

When I heard that Roger married a short time ago, I thought it was appropriate that he didn't let Carol 'pass him by'.

Tigerstripe
03/27/11 11:46 PM

To my Father, I love you and will miss you so much. I can hear you speak to me as I continue to walk in this life, knowing that God has you embrassed in his arms now. I always admired your strength and will to stand up for what you thought was right. Aha!!!! Thank you for being my friend.

I love you! Never forget that.

Your son, Larry.

Tigerstripe
03/27/11 11:48 PM

Thank you Chris, we appreciate your thoughts, prayers, and response here.

Larry

Tigerstripe
03/27/11 11:50 PM

Thank you Swampy, we look forward to seeing you.

Sincerely, Larry

Tigerstripe
03/27/11 11:51 PM

Thank you so much for your response.

Larry

Tigerstripe
03/27/11 11:54 PM

Specail thanks to all who have taken time out to remember Roger Clark, it means alot to his family here.

Larry

cook
(member)
03/28/11 11:55 AM

Can't remember if it was Larry or Matt I met last summer-but still have the lures and T-shirt.
Roger meant a lot to me also,didn't have many friends,just people I knew.Roger and Carol were what I consider a friend.

redleg
(Enzyte - one a day!)
04/24/11 02:58 PM

He had to be one helluva Dad,,,,that's what we all aspire to be,,,,not much matters after that,,,family,,friends,,,the rest of it,,,it's just what you gotta do to have the above.

battman
()
04/24/11 07:59 PM

Sounds like I missed quite a guy.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5